The Resilient Farm & Lewis Lehman|Bibler Farmstead offers two different apprenticeship options.
- 7-month summer internship open for four to six interns
- A full-time one year apprenticeship* open to two hand-picked summer interns (choice not based on gender)
We require completion of the summer internship to be qualified for the one year apprenticeship.
Application: email us anytime to receive a questionnaire. We read all questionnaires and then contact our picks (by or on Dec 1) to schedule the two-day checkout date (usually during the week of January 1-7).
Please read over the following information very carefully before sending your email.
The Resilient Farm & LL|B farmstead Summer Internship
Spend a summer with us and leave years ahead, or stay on to move up in the Resilient team.
April 1–October 30 (no exceptions)
- Bright eyed, bushy-tailed, self-starter, eager-beaver, situationally aware, go-get-‘em, teachable, positive, non-complaining, grateful, rejoicing, get’erdone, dependable, faithful, perseverant, take-responsibility, clean-cut, all American boy-girl appearance characters. Please note — We are very, very, very discriminatory.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at start of internship.
- Requires a 2 day checkout prior to acceptance.
- Required time is April 1-Oct. 30.
- Work 5 days per week, off two days. Sundays are usually chores only and Saturdays are minimal.
- Room and some board provided, given you grow it and/or hunt it/trap it. Prepare your own breakfast and lunch. Accommodations include a full kitchen, bath, and bunk-style sleeping quarters.
- Quarters do not include phone or internet.
- Expectations: like any experience, you will get out of it what you put into it. We have attainable benchmarks, but they require effort and sweat. Physically, you will be in better shape than you ever thought possible. Emotionally, you will know what you did today, why it was important, and feel great about it. Mentally, you will get sharper, more creative, and have greater ingenuity.
- Stipend of $100 per month for incidentals. The Resilient Farm invests heavily in the physical, emotional, and mental needs of this opportunity; it’s the most education for the money you’ll ever receive.
- Warning: you will be sore, achey, dead tired, and likely be sick for 3 days in your first two weeks. Once you get acclimated, you’ll be more physically fit than you’ve ever been in your life. But it won’t feel good getting there.
- Maximum number, 6 interns due to accommodation and work limitations.
Please note: All interns will be required to participate in the daily WOD (workout of the day), at least 4 days a week. It will start at 1800 hours sharp, Monday thru Thursday.